Check out the articles we have put together on Solar Systems
At Emerald Coast Solar, we want you to have the best solar system you can. We want you to have a system that fits your needs today, tomorrow, and well into the future. We would like to be the company that works with you to ensure you get the right system. We also believe your choice of system and company to do the installation should be an informed one. We hope the following articles will help you in making an informed decision.
Questions for any company you are considering as your solar installation team
“With the increased demand, more and more companies are offering solar installs and, while competition is usually good for the consumer, I would offer the following list of questions to ask and/or check on with any company you are thinking of using to supply and install your grid tie solar system. Remember, most of the companies around here get their supplies from the same place and at the same price. It really comes down to a choice based on quality of product, price, experience, customer service, and trust.”
This document, with our responses, is included in the information booklet we provide at our initial meeting.
1) Are the installers certified to install solar systems and where did they get their certification?
2) How many systems does the company have in operation?
3) Ask for references!!! And, contact the references supplied!! Also, check the internet and ask what people know of this company.
4) What customer support is offered and is there a cost for this support?
5) How does the company handle a warranty issue? This is an important question because,under normal circumstances, your system could be down for days or even weeks while the equipment in question is checked out.
6) Does the company have a guaranteed time that they will have your system back in operation if there is a problem? If so, what is the penalty to the company if they fail to live up to their guarantee?
7) Does the company have a guaranteed response time if you have a problem and is there a charge for this service? Also, and perhaps most important, what will they do for you if they fail to respond in the guaranteed time?
8) Does the company put everything in writing? Anyone can say anything to you but, it has no force and effect unless it is in writing. If a company representative commits to do something, make sure you get it in writing.
Finish your read.
Download PDF file here